Tuesday, October 29, 2019

“Cheers Me!”

Brain cancer is...

 ...(in the words of Darrell) “cheersing me.”

Cheers:  verb. To congratulate someone. Not to be confused with cheer,  as in "to shout in joy."  Example:  "Let me cheers you for your accomplishments."

Today saw a couple nice endings in Andi’s work world (hence the cheersing).


It was the final session of my math methods course with Block Four.  They encourage me for the future. Now they go student teach.  Just the grad students remain in Andi's schedule.  Cheers me.

The math methods class was held on an elementary site.  Here’s Darrell helping me vacate our classroom.  (Yes, Christine.  Darrell was dragging wagon and cart.  Bill me. But first verify that he met all safe driving specifications.)




Also...Look at the size of my lunch note today, Team D.
An old note is top; today’s is bottom.  Free lunch note upgrade! Cheers me!

Andi also attended a final reflection meeting for Summer ELD Camp. It’s time to maximize summer time with family.  Camp has been great, and the team members even better. Cheers me!

Final cheers?  Thanks, Word of the Year:  Perspective.  This time last year I was exiting my final class session at different elementary site by spilling gallons and gallons of black paint on the classroom carpet.  (Love misery?  Click here for the post.) I lowered expectations for success that day!

Today I left nothing but doughnuts in the teachers lounge.  Expectations exceeded.  Cheers me!

No comments:

Post a Comment