Thursday, January 26, 2017

Overwhelming

(Guest blogger Alex Guillaume)

Brain cancer is....

...Overwhelming.

Now that Tiana and I are somewhat settled in school after a wonderful six months in California, I’ve had some time to reflect. Brain cancer is overwhelming. There are times when I’ll be struggling with some trivial task only to freeze up as the horror of what’s happening at home washes over me. During these moments, I realize that every emotion I feel, my parents feel more often, a hundred times worse. Yet they keep fighting. I tell myself that if my dad can passionately belt out his rendition of “Country Road” at 7 AM, if my mom can continue to lead workshops, then I can overcome my “problems.” Being at home for half a year has given me a greater appreciation of one huge source of my parents’ strength: you. Thank you, Team D, for the overwhelming wave of messages, visits, gifts, selfies, and burritos. Thank you for filling our lives with happiness and hope. Thank you for teaching me that feeling overwhelmed can be a good thing too. You’ve shown me that not all waves drown. 





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a such a beautiful gift Alex. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It's an honor to be on this journey with the Amazing Guillaume Family! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alex and all wonderful Guillaumes for all you give to us. Prugs!

    ReplyDelete