Monday, April 18, 2016

Brain cancer is...

 ...getting the royal Seuss treatment.

My mom, Lu Ann, jump started Darrell's UCLA-approved speech therapy by sharing her copy of this gem:


Then, today Darrell received from K & G a treasure we've never seen:

And we call ourselves Seuss troopers! Ha!  You notice, don't you, that Darrell took his new treasure right into our room and prepared it for bedtime reading?

Thanks for making us smile!  And for not sending logic puzzles!

I also want to share a brief story from the day about Patty, Darrell's chemo nurse. Digging right in to our Monday cancer to-do list, I called Patty with some drug questions.* Patty's actual words to me were, "I love my job.  Let me help you." 

She helped with the temozolomide, then with a new prescription for the anti-nausea medicine, and then with...drum roll please...the appeal to the insurance company.

Crying with Patty is much better than crying with the insurance company. 

Note to self:  Practice those words.  "I love my job.  Let me help you."

 *For the detail-oriented members of Team D:  The "maintenance" dose of temozolomide is different than the "treatment" dose.  It's 280 mg versus 125 mg, delivered five days in a row out of each 28 days.
 


1 comment: