Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Brain cancer is...

...rich ground for great quotes.

Today's quote is brought to you by Darrell, who says, "I am happy about my mouth."

We see the radiologist, Dr. Dolkar, each Wednesday after Darrell's treatment.  When Darrell mentioned that he had perfected his super hero skill of breathing through his teeth, Dr. Dolkar told him that they can open up the section of his mask that covers his mouth.  He left, smiling to himself, "I am happy about my mouth."

The Big Fat Baby crawled into our bed in the middle night and stuck around all day, cranky and wanting to be carried.  So I'm worn out. 

Perhaps this is yet another good reason that super heroes have...
Photo:  Wednesday, 3/2/16 12:00 p.m.



...super hero posses! 

And this is only the front line!  Thanks also to the many posse members who offered support today.  Just incredible, and we never take it for granted.

Mosaic Mural Update:  I read the signage today, and those parrots actually do represent our Fullerton parrots.  Further, the mural was created by Fullerton School District students under the guidance of local favorite artist, Katherine England.  I've taken Katherine's classes, and her daughter was a grad student in one of my classes.  This gives me a new appreciation of how people are connected in surprising and wonderful ways and that people who create art really do touch the future.  During the many interactions I had with Katherine, I had no idea that she led this beautiful work.  For me it lay dormant until chance brought my family to it and it made us smile during a tough time.









2 comments: