Thursday, September 1, 2016

Purple

Brain cancer is...

 ...highly colorful.

Over breakfast, I asked Darrell what his mood was.  Without hesitation, he said, "Purple!"  He told me that purple is a synonym for "happy."  He likes purple, as you can see in the newest luggage he selected.

Color is on our mind frequently these days.  Perhaps we've told you of Darrell's new "color rounding" theory.  As a minimalist, he has determined that there are only about 10 colors.  Turquoise?  Not a color.  Round to green.  Salmon?  Not a color.  Round to orange.

But let's get back to purple and happy.  Happiness is also on our minds frequently, probably more often than color rounding theory.  Many loved ones wonder and are hopeful that we are finding happiness in life.

Because life 2.0 is much more self-aware and reflective than Life 1.0, I am glad to report that, yes, we are distinctly happy often.  In fact, most days, most of the time, we feel noticeably happy. 

This surprised me some, so the other day, I kept a count of how many times Darrell and I laughed out loud together. I didn't count polite chuckles.  I only counted that laugh-out-loud, surprise-your-own-ears kind of laugh.  We were at 9 laughs by 10:00 a.m.  I think that's pretty purple.

So much good in life and in the world, so many things to be happy about.  For instance, our current rounds in darts typically look like this:

Better, right?

Here's hoping you're having a purple day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment