Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Year of Brain Cancer in Ten Posts

Brain cancer is...

 ...a year old.

Darrell's Brain Cancer in the Making


  • February 7, 2016:  Darrell was admitted for symptoms similar to those of a stroke.  
  • February 8:  MRI and diagnosis of Glioblastoma Multiforme.  
  • February 9:  Surgery.  
  • February 11: Home. 

This Blog in the Making

When Darrell was still in the hospital, in a phone conversation I told Alex I was considering blogging about Darrell's and his family's cancer experience.  I wasn't sure that it would be of interest; people are all busy and facing their own lives.  Alex told me, "Mom, I promise you that you will have two devoted readers every day."

Two was enough for me.  Darrell agreed.  Thanks, Alex, for encouraging us to get the blog going, thanks for helping us keep it going, and thanks to you and Tiana for keeping your promise.  We also thank you readers beyond our base readership of two.  Team D., you have provided support from the first day until today.  We are so very grateful for you!

Top Ten Posts of 2016

Before we turn our attention to the next adventures, we would like to provide a retrospective of the first year of Darrell's brain cancer by sharing ten top blog posts.  We selected posts that spread over the year, had high readership (average = 220 pageviews each), and felt right for capturing the experience.

We present to you:  Ten Top Posts of Brain Cancer is....


  1. February 5: Welcome to the Adventure
  2. February 15: Healing Nicely
  3. April 20:  Sweetness
  4. June 2:  A & T Head Home
  5. July 3:  Looking Right
  6. August 4:  Pseudoprogression (and Pokemon)
  7. September 19:  Lighting a Candle
  8. October 4:  My Husband, My Hero
  9. November 27:  So Excited for the Season
  10. December 9:  Andi Married a Bear

The adventures of 2017? Let them commence!


1 comment:

  1. I write as a sign of gratitude to God, i am really happy to be alive today and see the break of another day, I lived and suffered with TBI for a very long time, I was shy and couldnt say it out because of ego issues. I suffered in silence till I was able to get herbal products by DR Jose Alessio, and with his drugs, prayers and instructions I was treated and now i am a happy survivor! pray to God and follow the instructions of Dr Jose, he has the perfect solutions for ailments,Schizophrenia,Traumatic Brain Injuries, Delusions, Brain cancer, Aphasia, Autism, Psychosis and any brain related ailment. Do not wrestle with death on your own, contact him joseherbals28@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete