Thursday, November 14, 2019

The Snorkel Adventure Gift

Brain cancer is...

Serious (listening) Darrell at dinner (Real backdrop...not green screen, Christine)

...such a giver.

Today was Stingrays and Bust Day.  Geoff and Beth swam with the stingrays at Stingray City and enjoyed it greatly.  The stingrays gather at that spot to eat the treats that, originally, fishermen and now tourists share.

The stingrays are Southern Stingrays that only poke in defense.  They are very docile and seem to be social.  Geoff said they are like puppies.

To honor the stingray adventure, here are Beth and Geoff in front of stingray art after dinner.


Meanwhile Darrell and Andi busted.  We stayed in to avoid so much sun....and to work.
Given the view from Computer Station 3, life could be worse.

And now to the title of this post:  The Snorkel Adventure Gift.  Darrell and I keep working to learn to live Life 2.0, as horizons shift with time past diagnosis. We typically haven’t spent much leisure time apart, choosing to spend it together because work takes us apart.

Today Darrell gave me the gift of a long solo snorkel while he enjoyed the beach.  I felt like such an adventurer. Our beach is shallow, so I swam way out and way over.  I held still and looked at one spot for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.  I studied the coral. After some research, I learned that I spotted knobby brain coral (here).

Thank you for the adventure, Darrell.  I am grateful.

Here's to another day...here.

Tomorrow is our last full day:  Sunset Cruise Day.  Imagine how much trouble we can get into between now and sunset.

Happy Adventures, Team D!

No comments:

Post a Comment