Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday, February 12 2016 1:32 p.m.

Brain cancer is...



..enough of a reason to change my official policy on miracles.


I love both science and a good quotation, so I have always cherished Albert Einstein's sentiment:  “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”  
I have attempted to live a life in witness of miracles.  I saw the miracle of my children's tiny newborn feet, and now I marvel at their grown manhood.  I have seen the miracle of spiderwebs and of Canyon De Chelly (thanks Roene).  For 53 years, I have never asked for the other kind of miracle, the kind of miracle that beats the odds.  Today is the day I ask.  I will take one of those one-in-a-million sorts of miracles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment