Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 7:44 p.m.

Photo:  Wednesday, February 10, 10:22 a.m.

Brain cancer is...




...egg shaped.  

Two reasons for this photo:  1.  Darrell woke up today, horrified that he'd show you the repair before showing you the problem.  2.  Staples were a local crowd pleaser.

Now that we see Darrell is leaning toward the physical manifestations of this journey, I think we should all buckle up and get ready for chemo/radiation photo possibilities.  I'll have to put a warning label on our blog.  (PS...He says "Don't even ask about the catheter."  Please.  Don't.)

And I still demand my take on the day:

Tuesday, February 16, 11:31 a.m.


Brain cancer is...


...more important than campus.  


And yet, here I was.  It was jarring  to consider the world outside the bubble of home events.  How to save time grading student papers? Let's put that topic on the importance scale.  I wasn't the only one living through this day back on campus.  I checked:  No one else at home found it easy either.  All the things...all at once.

The only person who actually wanted to go to work wasn't allowed to drive.  Thus I realize I have much to appreciate:  The opportunity to work...at a flexible job...where people are trying to do the best they can to help students learn.  This day also made me appreciate A & T and all y'all who are keeping on keeping on.

Finally:  Thanks to all of today's earth angels. You know you, Homies.






4 comments:

  1. Tell us about the catheter! The people want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darrell says, "You're on! This is a Mulberry Street Ristorante dinner conversation!"

      Delete
  2. Work can be therapeutic. Did he make it to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darrell's controlling the Empire from his captain's chair by the fire.

      Delete