Friday, February 12, 2016

Hello.
My name is Andrea and my bigger half (forget the math), Darrell, was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) on Tuesday, February 9, 2016.  I hope to capture our cancer adventures through images and words through this blog.

Either you know this personally or you will learn through this blog (if I can do it right): In the Top Five list of Darrell characteristics is humor.  Hence the name of this blog:  Brain Cancer Is...

The day after surgery to remove what could be removed of the tumor, Darrell met with the speech therapist.  One of the assessments she gave Darrell was a "complete the sentence" task where he he finished, in writing, a number of sentences given brief prompts.  For instance, test says, "Yesterday..."  Darrell writes, "...all my troubles seemed so far away."  Test says, "Babies are..." Darrell writes, "...evil."  Hence the format of this blog.  For now, I plan for each post to complete the sentence, "Brain cancer is..."

Thanks for reading.  It helps to share.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to blog about your "cancer adventures" as a way to both share and process what you and your family are going through. I wish only the happiest, most blessed outcome for you all at the end of this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea, for this blog. I won't have to ask Darrell for a complete update.

    ReplyDelete