Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Muffin Top Pot Pourri

Brain cancer is...

...a pot pourri of happenings.

With me back at work for the summer, we've had a taste of Life 1.0.  Namely:  So many things happen all at once, with all deserving attention.  Welcome to the random assortment of events at the Guillaume household today!

1.  The baby--Mousse--is proceeding through infancy through childhood on an accelerated schedule, as dogs do.  He's now at that awkward stage where he has some adult teeth and some hideously small baby teeth.  Not his best look.

PS...Don't fear for my safety.  He's gentle.
2.  I feel so grateful for my family members, Zachary and Darrell today.

  • Zach managed an emergency array change when Optune things went awry yesterday.  And he dealt with the insurance company today for MRI authorization.  Cool, calm, and collected.
  • Darrell continues to be his even keeled, supportive self.  He's still making my lunch and getting me out the door every morning.  Then, when I come home, I see him inspect some broken thing, say, "I can fix that," and then actually fix it.  I am so very thankful for who he is.
  • Darrell continues to make everyone laugh.  You recall those chocolate doughnuts?  Today he told me, "I now have a muffin top."   He followed it up with, "I have no shame" and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie.  He looks great, and he makes us laugh.
3.  Today is Alex and Tiana's second anniversary. 


A & T are an example of a partnership where, together, they are truly a force to be reckoned with.  What more could we want for our kids?  Happy Anniversary, Kids!

4.  Cancer updates:
  • Darrell's next MRI is tomorrow morning, 8:00 a.m., in case you want to think calming thoughts at that time.  He'll have it done here at St. Jude, with all three tests (with contrast, without contrast, and perfusion), just like last month.
  • We'll head to UCLA to see Dr. Cloughesy and have the scan read on Tuesday July 5.
  • Drs. Cloughesy and Park will decide, based on potential changes to the edema, whether to continue with Temodar as the chemo agent, to drop chemo, or to move to another agent.
Thanks for reading all these detail.  It's not like you're not busy!  We appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment