Friday, February 28, 2020

Achieving Reentry Velocity (Or: Darrell's Bonus Day)

Brain cancer is...

 ...hanging out poolside.

Last night at dinner I was preparing to pull out my spreadsheets and maps to begin negotiations for today's possible excursions.  Darrell said, "But first, I'd like to share my fantasy."  I closed my folder and responded, "Oh, this is going to be good!"  Darrell's fantasy was to spend today relaxing and spend another night (tonight) at our Tucson resort, El Conquistador.  A couple phone calls and it was done!

Darrell was wise to consider this bonus day.  It really doesn't feel like a bonus.  It feels necessary to reduce our vacation velocity and reenter the earth's non vacation atmosphere without burning up on contact.  Very smart, Darrell Guillaume.

We slept in then had a great hike in the surrounding Sonoran Desert in view of the Santa Catalina Mountains.




Next we drove nowhere, poolside.  This afternoon, we moved into a casita with fireplace and ordered in pizza and flourless chocolate torte.

I don't know...I might need another day to reach reentry velocity...


Today's Workout Video

If you (like Curt) like to get your steps via video, here's a slideshow of today.  The theme:  Cactus hike.  It'll get you 14,362 steps.  (Click here.)

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for bonus days! Thanks for the video workout! Prugs and safe travels! xoxo

    ReplyDelete