Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Was This Really Just One Day?

Brain cancer is...

..busy!

We are accustomed to busy days--in fact we typically prefer them--but today was crazy busy...in all good ways.  Here are a few highlights, in chronological order:

Darrell woke up saying, "I am really looking forward to a Starbucks latte!" What he really meant was...
"I'm really looking forward to a Starbucks double smoked bacon, cheese and egg sandwich!" (He gave me the latte.  Give, give, give that Darrell!)  And thus we witness the creation of the world's newest Starbucks monster. 

This is a habit we can afford until...

...the gift cards run out.

We're building up our walking mileage again.  Walking 6 miles took forever!  But we did see goslings that look more like tiny emus, so that's cool.

Click here if you need an emu refresher.

Next up:  Details are set for Gordon to come home Friday.  (Side note:  Gordon tested negative for COVID.)  Fingers crossed, everybody!

Finally:  Gordon had a virtual party for his 93rd birthday!  All of his kids, most of his grand kids, and his great grand kid were able to attend...from California, to Colorado, to Washington DC.  (That's Gordon, indecipherable on my overly bright iPhone screen.)
Happy Birthday, Gordon!  More fun to come!

Busy or not, we hope your Wednesday was rewarding, Friends!

Today's Fungus

Because...six miles took so long that even viewing mushrooms was a relief.

Today's Blooms

The Orchid Tree that Makes Chris Smile from her Kitchen Window


Perhaps the Best Bee-in-Bloom Shot Ever, by Larry Welshon, Curt's Cousin


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gordon!!! Biggest prugs ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you take that photo and hold grandpa up to the computer at the same time? The magic of technology and the people who use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, we'll pass your good wishes along!

    Charlene, Try this, but it does make my head hurt: Grandpa was on FaceTime on my phone screen, and we can see him in the picture of the Zoom meeting (above) because my computer camera saw him on my phone screen. (I pointed the phone screen at the computer screen.) To take a picture I flipped my phone camera to take a selfie. The selfie shot captured what was in front of the phone: The computer screen, which included the computer camera's version of Grandpa, as shone on my phone.
    Owie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, well done. I didn’t realize you could take a selfie photo without the selfie preview on the screen, and rather FaceTime/Grandpa!

      Delete