Friday, April 21, 2017

We Have Doctors in the House!

Brain cancer is...

...alive to see the day.

We apologize for not posting yesterday (4/20).  We savored every second of Tiana and Alex's commencement day.


When Darrell was deciding whether to use Optune, in the end one statistic fueled his decision:  Optune data at the time suggested that Optune extends life for 3 to 5 months.  He reasoned that 3 to 5 months would allow him to live to see Alex and Tiana graduate.  Yesterday was that day.


It was a wonderful day, and Darrell and I held hands and experienced it together.  I feel such gratitude.


Here is a slide show of the day.
Try this link if the other doesn't work.


In addition to enjoying the company of Tim and Moira, you'll see that, on the Alex side of the family, we were joined by my mother, LuAnn, her sister, Roene, my sister, Meridyth, and her son, Nolan.


Thanks so much for celebrating this event with us, Team D.  We love you!


(Photo credits:  Some photos in the video were taken by Tim, Moira, and Meridyth.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have just found some news from Darrell, after a long time, through this blog. I wonder if I can talk with Darrell. My name is Ardeshir Kianercy and I used to teach in CSULA/ME in 2009. Here is my e-mail: kianercy@usc.edu . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and it was lovely to meet you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathleen and Paige! Thanks and we feel the same! Thanks for being open to approaching Darrell. You'll see that we just posted for Karen. We SO appreciate Karen's battle and the team (you!) that she has for support. For us, it has meant the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL! Congratulations! Andi and Darrell you are fantastics parents! Alex has you both to thank for being wonderful role models.
    God bless,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete