Monday, August 26, 2019

The Saga of the Chair Rail

Brain cancer is..

  ...surviving harrowing experiences.

Twelve hours after we left campus last night, we were back to my classroom. Darrell helped me carry things, and we snapped this pic to capture the white, Week One, background.  Stay tuned for Week Five.

Before we left, here's what I saw in the kitchen:

See how the wall is scuffed from chairs hitting it?  Here's what I found when I returned between classes today:
Chair rail!  No more scuffing the wall! Darrell told a great story, the Saga of the Chair Rail, with tidbits such as "chair rail has a top and a bottom" (not just a front and back), and "wood glue weeps worse than a bleeding body."  

You wouldn't know how painful the story was just by looking; Darrell makes all these projects appear so easy.    No medieval knight could handle a chair rail they way you did, Darrell.

Class, Day One = a success all around. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment