Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Path Lies Forward

Brain cancer is...

 ...looking ahead.

We slept in today and awoke to a clear, blue sky.  Before heading to the park, we picked up Egg McMuffins. (Our McMuffin consumption seems to be escalating, but that's an issue for another day.)

Here's the conversation with the sweet woman at the drive through:

Woman:  "What happened to your head?"
Darrell:  [Lifts his hat to show his arrays.]
Woman:  "Oh!  Put it back on!  I thought maybe you had an injury."
Andi:  "He has brain cancer, and this is the treatment."
Woman:  "I am so sorry!"
Andi:  "No, it's good.  The treatment is working."
Woman:  "I will pray for you.  I don't know your name, but I'll just say 'the guy with the brain cancer.'" [smiling]
Darrell:  "Thank you."
Andi:  "And thank you for asking!"
Woman, Darrell:  "Have a great day."

It is a great day.  The treatment is working.  We've resumed our course forward.  It's a great day.

We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment