Monday, December 16, 2019

Darrell Releases His Transition Plan.

Brain cancer is...

 ...recommending "minimal supervision" for Andi's reintroduction to the kitchen.

So you see our kitchen, above, yes? You see how clean and functional it is, yes?  As is the remainder of our home, the kitchen is Darrell's domain while Andi works.  

Today Andi's 13 graduate students presented their master's projects on this, the last day of their credential and master's program.  

Darrell took me to Islands after the presentations and ceremony.  Sure, he congratulated me on a semester well lived.  But he also launched his transition plan.  Now that the semester is nearly closed, I am to be allowed back into the kitchen with more than meal privileges. But don't let’s get ahead of ourselves. 

His quote at lunch was, "I think we can do this with minimal supervision.  I mean, we're not going to half a** it, but I don't think it'll take much to get you back into the kitchen with full privileges."

So that's what it comes down to.  At work, with no questions asked, I manage spaces like this:
 
 But at home, I need a transition plan back into the kitchen.

I'm not so sure.  Maybe I'm okay not going back into the kitchen.

We'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment