Sunday, May 8, 2016

Brain cancer is...

 

 ...all about celebrating the relationships that hold us together.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mother figures. and to all the people who love them.  We know we're not the only ones who count our mothers as among our very first super heroes.  And we know we're not the only ones who celebrate many generations of women in those ranks. 

Andi's further statement:  Thanks to Darrell for being the partner who made me a mother and who continues to joins me on the often-wild but always incredible ride of parenthood. 

Thanks to our children and for the privilege of being a part of your lives. We are proud of the loving, committed, and empathetic adults you have become.  We are proud of how you treat people.  For instance:  We are grateful that you know what to say when people need it most:

Never before has the term "badass mom" been a higher or more needed compliment for me.

Team D, here's to you as you celebrate and are celebrated on this day.  New rule query:  Could we do it again tomorrow?




*I sincerely hope that I have offended no Team D members with the term "badass."  It's just that it feels so good to hear right now.


3 comments:

  1. You are badass in the best of ways. Your shear force of will scares cancers into submission. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the first time I saw your Wonder Woman backpack, I knew you were (and always will be) the badass mom/ sister/ colleague/ friend/ daughter/ puppy mama/ and amazing wife I strive to be! BA-Prugs today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meridyth and Christine--As two cancer super heroes, I salute you!

    ReplyDelete