Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Dynamic Duo: Darrell's Half

Brain cancer is...

...not stripping Darrell of his Dynamic Duo responsibilities.

I am a high maintenance teacher.  My lessons always seem to require extensive preparation, and Darrell has always been right there, taping things down, cutting things up, and stuffing things in bags.

Preparation for today's lesson was no exception.  Former student, current friend, and third-grade teacher extraordinaire, Sammie Sanchez, invited me in for a guest lesson on mealworms.  

During my last-minute preparations last night, at precisely 7:50 p.m., I discovered that my live mealworms were...extremely sleepy.  Darrell looked across the table at me and said, "Road trip!"

Anaheim Feed closes at 8:00 p.m.  Darrell hit the gas and started belting out the James Bond chase scene music.    No giant mealworms at Anaheim Feed!  We screeched out of the parking lot and had success at PetSmart.

Giant mealworm completion! This morning Darrell rose with me at 6, fed me coffee and breakfast, and saw me out (see pic, above); ever the man of mystery!

The third graders did great work as scientists and artists, and Sammie and I ended the day happy we spent it together.

Your work is done here, Captain Darrell.  Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment