Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Demanding Higher Wages

Brain cancer is...

...demanding better compensation.

This week the blocks and I launched the soon-to-be-fabulous Louise Nevelson Assemblage Sculpture Project. It explores aspects of our identities (including cultural identity) and those of the artist.  Darrell came in after class today to help with the project.

He happily carried our many cardboard scraps out to the recycling bins.  Next, he helped me to change the black bulletin backing to white.  As you see above, he was still happy at the beginning of the paper endeavor.

Then this happened:


I asked, "Darrell, did you measure?"  He replied, "You get what you pay for."  We laughed.

By the time we came up short three times in a row...


...I realized that I need to take his compensation demands very seriously.  He and I are currently in negotiations.  We expect to reach a mutually agreed upon wage package soon.





4 comments:

  1. ������ Love it! Hold out for the big bucks Darrell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The laughing emojis are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to negotiate a benefits package, too, Dr. Darrell! It includes socks, I'm sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks were the first things OFF the list. The number of desserts allowed per day appears to be our final issue before settlement. Last night Darrell opened negotiations with four mini Dove bars, hoping I'd meet him at three. I went up to two.

    ReplyDelete