Thursday, August 17, 2017

Love wins.

Brain cancer is...

...soaking up every drop of love.


Andi had a hard day today.  I don't know why it would be difficult, but going to "work" for another academic semester brought Darrell's cancer to center stage in a huge way.  I want to thank my College of Education faculty and staff for every drop of love you gave me (us) today. 

I especially want to thank my Elementary and Bilingual Education family for lifting me up.  You and your love have truly provided the support that has kept us (me) ahead of the wave for the last 18 months.  Where would we be without you?  Love wins.

In the larger scheme, we find love nationwide.  Our niece, Eva, is starting her graduate studies at the University of Virginia (located in Charlottesville) this semester.  She and her mother, my sister Meridyth, arrived in Charlottesville for move in just as KKK rally erupted.

We texted today, letting them know that the nation is thinking of the city and of us as a people.  What Meridyth texted back was so important for us to hear. 

She added that last night there was a gathering of 4,000 UVA students in support of peace; they lit candles and sang spirituals.  Love wins.





4 comments:

  1. Yay, LOVE!!! It wins, as does Team D! It was an honor to be with you at "work" today, Andi. When I looked up the definition of assemblage, google told me that it refers to a collection or gathering of things or people, stating that they fit together, and even included the word, "love." You both are so loved! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts. Here's to our assemblage: Team D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update on Charlottesville: the University classes are beginning soon, and all of the faculty I've encountered (in the English dept.) are committed to continuing the conversation to foster an inclusive and hate free community. There are many wonderful, good-hearted people here--which is so important to remember

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH for this update, Eva! We are thrilled to hear that your professors are fostering the cause of building an inclusive and hate-free time and place. We are so proud that you are a part of that effort. Let's all commit to it.

    ReplyDelete