Friday, September 14, 2018

Hey Wait. Did We Go Out to Lunch TWICE Today?

Brain cancer is...

...ready for the weekend.

Yes, we did go out to lunch twice today.

First to Village Eatery with Gordon:

And then to Szechuan Garden with LuAnn.  I missed taking a picture, but we looked at plenty of pictures together.  Here's the view from LuAnn's house in Baja:

We intended for lunch with LuAnn to be our day's final meal, but then Yard House cried out to us.   Here's how that ended:
Darrell contemplating an open valet key box?  Curt and Brady:  You both know how awesome that could have been.  Sadly, Darrell collected himself, and we walked on by.

Happy Weekend Team D.

Bonus Content:  Andi's Retirement Update

This week we mailed the paperwork for my retirement from the last of the three systems in which I worked: UCRS.  I have already received checks from both the STRS and PERS systems.  This week I retired from the the UC system, where I taught during my doc program.


It never dawned on me that my husband might love me for my money.  Until now.

More retirement news:  I was required to surrender my faculty parking pass...

...in order to apply for my Emeritus pass.
I actually got a little choked up when I thanked this pass for its service for all these years. (I know, I know, you're not surprised that I could cry over a parking pass.) And then this sweet beauty arrived in the mail today:

Onward and upward!





2 comments:

  1. Was Darrell thinking Ferris Bueller valet joy ride? Or maybe just a quick key-shuffle? Either way, it would have been epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Oh, oh! He was thinking Ferris Bueller valet joy ride but you just opened our eyes to a world of new mischief potential!

    ReplyDelete