Monday, November 16, 2020

Chopped Liver and Rose Soup

Brain cancer is...
 ...enjoying a day with Nova and Tiana.  Oh, and Chopped Liver.

When Alex offered to come up today for an impromptu fun day, we didn't ask who was included in the plural "they," we just jumped at the chance.  Surprise!  Tiana was able to come!

Once I saw Tiana, I rescheduled my work day appointments.  Alex noticed that I don't rearrange my work when he comes up without his wife.  "What am I," he asked, "chopped liver?"  

Sorry Alex.  You're pretty cool too.

Nova met snow today for the first time.


Good night kiss, Big Bear.


Good night kiss, Team D!

Today's Blooms

I know, that picture is precious.  Totally worth the life of one cut flower.  

Added bonus?  The pic was just one step in the process of Nova mixing up her recipe of Rose Soup.  Here's the process in pictures, just in case you want to make a batch yourselves.

Nova's Rose Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 rose

Equipment

  • 1 dog dish, preferably attached to a dog crate
  • 1 set measuring spoons
  • 1 measuring cup, any size 

Directions

1.  Smell the rose deeply while on the move.

2.  Share the rose with a loved one.  See above, top.

3.  Remove the stem.

4.  Remove the petals, singly.

Video version of petal removal, for extra detail:


5.  Stir petals into dog dish with measuring cup. 

6.  Serve with measuring spoons.
Bon apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh... I can feel the collective Team D heart swelling after seeing that pic of Dr. Darrell and beautiful Nova B. I'm full and Thanksgiving is still over a week away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! That's low-cal sweetness, Christine! Did you want me to write down the rose soup recipe for you?

    ReplyDelete