Thursday, May 24, 2018

"My husband is my hero."

Brain cancer is...

 ...[still] making Andi cry.

Today, in honor of Brain Tumor Awareness month, Andi participated in the "A Day with Optune Users" event.  It was a call-in hour with an Optune user, a caregiver (us), and time for Q and A.

I shared "our story" (the copy that made it through the story writer and through "legal") for the first time publicly outside of Team D.

I made it all the way through the story until the line that you've heard before many times but that is difficult to say aloud:  "My husband is my hero."  Then I cried. 

I also cried because we heard Brian's story during the event.  Even Optune rock stars like Brian (check him out here or Google him:  Optune Brian) are mortal.  I cried because the human story of trauma, of pain, and of loss strike me as the universal story.

Or maybe I am crying, instead, because we are in it together.  Hold tight, Team Human.


3 comments:

  1. Proof that you are BOTH heroes!
    https://braincanceris.blogspot.com/2017/08/epic-birthday-for-andi.html
    https://braincanceris.blogspot.com/2017/08/super-powered-party.html
    Love you both to the super blue blood moon and back! PRUGS! ~Christine :)
    https://braincanceris.blogspot.com/search?q=super+moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for loving us to the moon and back, Christine? Could we do a happy hour there? Wonder what the corkage fee is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will call them and find out! (P.S. Seems as though Google has allowed me back in the house. My twin, Anonymous, is taking a break.)

    ReplyDelete