Sunday, January 3, 2021

Such a Great Teacher!

Brain cancer is...

...still teaching!

Today we bought the above wooden box for a mere five dollars.  I was very excited about it because it is becoming an ottoman tray for the cabin...for only five dollars!  

For the wine lovers:  It is an Opus One box, but it was empty when we bought it.

Because it was an actual wine box, I needed to pull out some nails.  On the first nail, I used a needle nosed pliers, which dented the wood a little and broke the nail. Then Darrell taught me a new skill.

Above you see me practicing my new understanding of vice grip pliers and my new skill of using a washer as a block to protect the wood in conjunction with the vise grips.  Worked like a charm! 
 
Let me know if you need any nails pulled. My washer, vice grips and I will be right over.
 
Darrell! Such a teacher!
 
More on 2021's Word of the Year
 
Chris introduced us to Dag Hammarskjöld, a peacemaker, as she contemplated "courage."  The two quotes she shared from his 1964 classic Markings really speak to our hearts when we think about our version of courage.  Thanks Chris!  I think I'll read his book.
 
  • The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside.
  • The longest journey is the journey inward.
 Today's Blooms
 
Today Darrell pulled over at CSU Fullerton this morning for me to get these pretty yellow things.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment