Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Re-Opening Negotiations?

Brain cancer is...

...working it!

When Darrell picked me up after class today, his first words were, "We need to rethink this 'everyone works' thing."  Basically he wants to reopen negotiations beyond compensation rates to include (a) time off and (b) benefits. 

I can't help but take his request to re-open negotiations seriously because by 1:30 Darrell had:
  • Fed me coffee
  • Fed me breakfast
  • Packed my beverages and lunch (with love note) 
  • Practiced keyboarding
  • Practiced speech
  • Shopped
  • Cleaned house some
  • Detailed another car (above)
I am in a great mood after the day's many successes, so how can I resist?

More of the day's successes:
  • Block 22 rocked it with information processing theory, marginalization, and critical thinking. 
  • Seattle gift (Kim N!)
  • Happy Birthday, Hannah!
  • Brownies! (Christine)
  • Cupcakes! (Nicole)
  • Burritos!  (Denise!) 
  • Texts from Ginger indicate that the first two days of our STEAM Camp were fabulous.
  • Identity boxes (Just wait! And, no, I don't have a manicure. Below see my small badges of honor from my box painting session with Darrell.)


  •  Date night with Melanie and Gail (The pic was too dark.  Boo.  But thanks for letting me talk the whole time, you two!)
Okay, Darrell.  Name your price.

Thanks, everyone, for the goodness that this day held.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, Andi!!! Dr. Darrell deserves a raise! Please tell me how I can contribute. PRUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, brownies?? Dr. Darrell is happily munching away even as we speak.

    ReplyDelete