Friday, July 14, 2017

Wearing Our Shoes Out...and Wearing Out Our Shoes

Brain cancer is...

...joyful.

On February 13, 2016, I ran two miles instead of punching someone in the face (noted in this post).  Seventeen months and one day later, I needed to retire those shoes.  And Darrell needed new shoes too. 

How cool is that?  Darrell and I have done hundreds of miles together since that day.  And no faces have been punched. Not one.

Today we bought new shoes for the next few hundred miles. 
What should have been a simple commemorative photo shoot (above), turned into this:


And this
And best of all, this:

This is [another] great day to be alive and to be sitting on a couch in the front yard with friends.



We're glad you're alive too, Friends.  Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Good have neighbors who like to play!!! If the shoe fits wear itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://youtu.be/zAFcV7zuUDA
    Learn to tie your new shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I watched the video, but why should I learn something new when the nice lady next door will do it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the video, the lady next door to me wears flip flops so now I can tie my shoe with a strong knot. My left shoe always had laces that were loose. Today my bow is strong, straight and I'm very proud. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upon examination the shoe photo... Do I detect a strong knot for the mechanical engineer? Hmm mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the world just a little better with a strong knot? I just looked at my own knots in the pic. One strong, one weak. I should have asked for help on BOTH shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh glorious spontaneous neighbors having some fun together. Very grateful <3

    ReplyDelete