Monday, September 21, 2020

"Yes, but you're MY bird dork!"

 Brain cancer is...

 ...satisfied with being married to a bird dork.

 We took break time for a walk at the park today.  When I ID'ed a bird on my Merlin app, I got a new screen:

"New"?  Who were they calling "new"?  I took offense!  

And then I immediately began ID'ing all the birds that my app apparently didn't know I had sighted for all those years...Call ME new!!  

As part of this effort, Darrell and I heard the "pew pew" of our familiar red tailed hawks.  A nice stranger walked by just in time to hear me frantically asking Darrell, "Yes, but can you SEE them?"  

The stranger said, "I believe they're red tail hawks." 

My emotional response? "I only get credit if I can see them!!"

Fortunately, the hawks flew by in plain sight just then and the stranger walked away, apparently relieved.

When he passed, I told Darrell, "I just sounded like a total bird dork."  

Darrell reassured me with words of comfort, "Yes, but you're MY bird dork."

So I have that going for me. If nothing else,  I will always be Big D's bird dork.

Today's Bloom

Also at Craig Park we spotted this little beauty, which Denise and I first saw at Peter's Canyon last month (here).


 


No comments:

Post a Comment