Thursday, August 20, 2020

Birthday Month Day 20: One Big Party!

 Brain cancer is...

 ...partying with Alex and Nova on Day 20.

I am back at work, teaching at CSUF for the fall semester.  It goes without saying that much is different in our attempts to educate teachers in the days of COVID.  I'll teach classes like math methods and science methods--which have never been online at CSUF before--and I will virtually coach student teachers who are virtually teaching their students.  
 
It would be easy to be discouraged, but I feel very optimistic.  I work with great people, and I am excited to be part of what's good and forward looking in the world these days.
 
That was a long way of saying that I'm working daily, but we party on as well.   Day 20 of Birthday Month was one big party.

Dear friend Ginger came by with a wonderful art journaling birthday present. I have missed you, Ginger!
Nova gave Ginger two enthusiastic thumbs up.  Here's how Nova partied all afternoon.

1.  Milk party with GPops.


2.  Jewelry party.  Kitchen floor.  Be there.


3.  Nap party with GMama.
3.  Tupperware party.
And so the next generation enjoys a Tupperware cabinet.  My heart!

4.  Napkin shredding party.  Nothing says "party" like shredded paper.
5.  Rocking horse party.
 
My Uncle George, Roene's husband, made this rocking horse decades ago.  It finally has a rider! My heart.

6. Combined monster truck, pool, and dance party.  If you really know how to party, you're invited. No water required.

It was hard to let the party end! Good thing there are 11 days left in Birthday Month.

More good news:  The St. Jude radiologist posted a report, also with the conclusion that Darrell's tumor is stable.

Party on, Team D!

Today's Bloom

Even the backyard hibiscus screamed "party" today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment